Navigation Bar

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Unlock the Imagination

Hello my treasured friends!

Just a few updates tonight while I'm on the computer doing crafty related things! Just finished my projet for Tuesday's Celebrate the Occasion Challenge so you'll all have to come and join us for the fun! I'm in the process of editing my holiday haul for you guys, but I need to figure out how to make the music not as loud..that's what the boyfriend is for! Haha! Hopefully it will be done and uploaded by tomorrow! I'm still currently in the process of organizing everything cuz I keep adding to my ever so large craft collection...must stop...but will I ever? Is it even possible to stop? ;) I did however get around to finishing a few projects, so I'll post one tonight!

It's a tradition for my friend that whenever anyone turns 21, their parents give them a key to 'unlock their future paths.' I had never heard of this before and I was extremely intrigued! Her birthday has gone and past now, and it wasn't until after her birthday that I found key items - a beautiful key keychain and key cardstock that screamed her name. So I created this card just for her to accompany the keychain.


The card base is 5.25 x 4.5. Isn't that patterned paper stunning? It's from the DCWV Tradewinds Stack - a must-have for travelers!

Here's the inside of the card:


I just love how the card came together - it was super quick and simple (what I was going for) AND beautiful!!

Trail of Treasures:
  • Card Base - 5.25 x 4.5, Recollections Kraft Cardstock
  • Patterned Paper - DCWV Tradewinds Stack
  • Sentiment - heat embossed with gold Martha Stewart embossing powder, and Pink by Design July Stamp of the Month - Believe in Yourself
  • Butterflies - butterflies on front punched with Martha Stewart Classic Butterfly punch out of gold foil paper; inside butterfly cut from Everyday Paper Dolls Cartridge
And there you have it! We all need inspirational cards from time-to-time! :)

Now it's time for bed! Good night and sweet crafty dreams to you all!

Until next time's treasures,
Tracey xox 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the gold on the butterfly and the colors work excellent together! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your embossing on the butterfly is just divine! I love it! I'm a new follower to your blog. Stop by and follow if you have a chance! I'll be back to see what else you create.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! I read and appreciate all your comments since we all need love from time to love! Much love to you! <3