Navigation Bar

Friday, June 10, 2011

Fluttering by with a My Pink Stamper colour challenge

Hi everyone!!

What a great way to start off the weekend - our boys won the game tonight and are up 3-2 in the series! Cannot wait for Monday's game - I'll definitely be heading downtown for that game! Go Canucks Go!!! I had to create a card for a friend's birthday and decided to participate in Robyn (My Pink Stamper)'s colour challenge - use orange, torquoise, and green. I wasn't sure of the colour combo at first but I just love how the card came out! The shades of the colours all blended together really nicely - thank you Miss Robyn! I decided on the patterned paper to use first and once I found this in my stash, I knew it was the one. It is turquoise/teal with hints of orange and green - perfecto!

This is a standard A-2 sized card. I cut out the base layer twice so that I could create a 'fluttering' effect with pop dots.


Materials Used:
  • Butterfly cut from Once Upon a Princess cartridge
  • Sentiment from Pink By Design's Enjoy the Journey Stamp Set
  • Patterned paper from local scrapbook store
  • Creative Memories' Corner Rounder
  • Teal paper from Stampin' Up
  • White Sukura Gelly Roll Pen
  • Small Heart Punch
  • Diamond Stickles
  • Rhinestones
Hope you find joy everyday! Enjoy your weekend everyone and I'm hoping to get another project up this weekend, but we shall see!

Until next time's treasures,
Tracey xox

2 comments:

  1. This was a fun challenge. Your butterfly is beautiful. If you get a chance come take a peek at mine.

    Georgiana
    http://carsonscricutcreations.blogspot.com/2011/06/color-challenge-with-mps.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracey,

    Thank for visit my blog and you're comment. You have also make a nice card for the color challange.
    Just became a follower to you're blog!
    Till next time!
    Gerda [http://cardscreations.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! I read and appreciate all your comments since we all need love from time to love! Much love to you! <3