I hope that you all enjoyed your weekend as it draws to an end - I wish I had gotten more school work done but on the bright side, I was able to finish two cards ;) While searching through blogs, I came across this new challenge blog - Celebrate the Occasion - and I think it's absolutely fabulous! Most of the cards that I make are for special occasions so I'm glad there's challenges just for all the many occasions out there! The challenge for this week was to create a Father's Day card. Father's Day is in exactly one week so if you haven't done so already, you need to create something for your father! I decided to also submit this into the Whimsical Wednesday challenge blog - create something for father's day. :)
Here's what I made for my daddy! My dad is a commercial crabber, has four kids, and is a kid at heart - he LOVES remote control helicopters && ice-cream (his fave flavour is strawberry!)! My dad is also quite the handyman. I'm definitely a daddy's little girl - I love you dad!
The card base is 5x5.
Here's a close-up of the sentiment - it's hard to read in the first picture - I tried my best to snap a good shot of it but it was too tough!
The sentiment is from Emma (My Creative Time)'s You're My Best Buddy set. It's difficult to read cuz I added Crackle Accents to give it a different look - more aged like items you would find at a beach :)
- Crabs cut from Create-a-Critter cartridge
- Screwdriver & helicopter cut from Boys Will Be Boys cart
- Tie and sand hills cut from Everyday Paper Dolls cart
- Ice cream cone cut from Doodlecharms cart - possibly
- Frame cut from Stretch Your Imagination cart
- Sentiment from You're My Best Buddy stamp set
- Patterned paper from DCWV Flower Shower Stack
- Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink
- White Sukura Gelly Roll Pen
- Crystal Accents
- Crackle Accents
- Googly Eyes
- Irock gems
Wishing you all a great week & a happy father's day!
Until next time's treasures,