I have been swamped with group projects, and now I'm heading into exam time, but it was really nice sitting down this past weekend and working on a crafty project! This is really how I celebrate my down time and it definitely helps me relax. If only I had more time to craft and blog - oh, the life of a student.
Moving on to a higher note, this week we're back with another Krafty Girls' Challenge! This week's challenge is to create an Easter project. Since I just received my Peachy Keen Dies in the mail, I was DYING to play with them!! I got perfect spring dies - the Potted Flower and Shower Peepers. These were perfect for the challenge, and keeping this week's Peachy Keen Challenge - Faux Stitching in mind, I created an 8 x 8 Easter/Spring layout.
Isn't the lil' chicadee just too adorable?? I added the eggs from another Peachy Keen Die - the egg and duck die. The sentiment suited my layout just perfectly!
Here's a close-up of my adorable peachies!!
Trail of Treasures:
- Layout Base - 8 x 8" cut in white cardstock, stitching done in blue
- Layer - cut at 7 x 7" from the DCWV Nana's Nursery Boy Stack, punched at the top with the Martha Stewart Daisy Border Punch and added pearls to the centers of the flowers
- Photo Layers - chocolate layer cut at 6.5 x 4.5", layer cut from Recollections All Year 180 Sheet Stack, stitched around the edge with Sukura Gelly Roll Pen
- Grass - cut a strip of 8 x 1.5" in green and used the Fiskars Grass Punch
- Chick - chick cut from the Peachy Keen Shower Peepers Die and the egg is from the Peachy Keen Duck and Egg Die, egg is distressed with Tim Holtz Broken China Distress Ink
- Potted Flowers - cut from the Peachy Keen Potted Flower Die, pots are distressed with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink, and stitched around the petals
- Sentiment - from My Creative Time's Color Me Happy Set, oval from My Creative Time's Stitched Oval Die, and attached with Blue Berry Trendy Twine
I'll be entering this into Pink Cricut's Link-Up Party, the Pink By Design Spring Inspiration Blog Hop, Whimsical Designs' Spring Challenge, Little Scrap Pieces' Yellow Challenge, Getting Cricky's Easter Blessings challenge, and of course Peachy Keen's Faux Stitching Challenge. Make sure to join this week's Krafty Girls challenge for Peep's Sake! :P
Until next time's treasures,