Navigation Bar

Monday, March 12, 2012

Get Growin - Krafty Girls Challenge

Hello my treasured friends!

It's been a crazy week for me here with group projects and all! I hope you all enjoyed your weekend! As many of you know, my Gypsy is sick, and Provocraft still doesn't know what's wrong with her! My Cuttlebug has now become my new best friend, haha! This week over at Krafty Girls, we're creating our own flowers for a card, scrapbook layout, 3D item, or home decor piece. I decided to do something different, and outside of the "papercrafting" realm - I was inspired by Lauren over at Lauren's Creative to make a wreath. She made this adorable Valentine's wreath which you can see here! I decided to make a spring wreath and decided to start off a lot smaller. It turned out so adorable so I definitely will have to invest in more flower dies in the future! It's gonna be a long post today - I've included a picture tutorial on how to create the mini flowers!


Here's a picture of the supplies I used for this wreath:


Instead of a straw wreath, I used a twig wreath - neither of these wreaths at Michaels had plastic coverings - that way it's a lot easier to wrap the yarn! I'll have to check Joann's the next time I head down to the States - gotta get my passport renewed! The butterflies and bud pieces I picked up from my local dollar stores and I decided to use some blue tulle instead of the purple one. All the flowers out of felt - those rolled teal and raspberry flowers I used this tutorial. For the light pink and white blossoms, this is what I did using My Creative Time's Scallop & Stitched Circle Die - just another way you can use her fabulous die! :)
  • Firstly, use your Cuttlebug or any other die cutting machine to cut out the scallop shape in felt.
  • Fold the scallop in half.
  • Fold the scallop in half again. 
  • Staple or use your hot glue gun to glue it in place. Voila! Another idea is to attach a bunch of these small "blossoms" into a bigger flower.  

Here's a few close up pics of the wreath all put together!



Super adorable ain't it?! I love how it turned out, and I'll definitely be making larger ones with plenty more flowers in the future! I'll be linking this up to Pink Cricut's Link-Up Party, and entering it into Paper Playtime's Die Cuts with Flowers challenge. Make sure to head on over to the Krafty Girls Blog to see what the other designers came up with and to join in on the fun! Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Until next time's treasures,
Tracey xox

15 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Love your beautiful flowers!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so bright and cheery! I love it! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally see spring with your wreath! The colors are so vivid and happy! Thanks for the tutorial, I am always looking for new ways to use my dies:) I hope your Gypsy comes back to you soon, I would also feel lost without it!
    Maribel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your project is so PRETTY!BEAUTIFUL job with all the great details and color combo,Just GORGEOUS Tracey!Have a nice day my friend!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. It looks like we were both inspired to make wreaths this time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute!!!

    Melissa
    myscraphour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tracey, this is gorgeous. So bright and Spring-y.

    Hugs!
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow!love it.beautiful felt flowers.love how you used the yarn for the wreath.love all those butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowowow!!! How clever!!! I really, really LIVE that wreath!! I am SO scrap lifting that, lol!!!

    Super great job!!!

    Crafty Hugs,
    Jessica
    www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful project Tracey and super flowers, love all the colours.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your handmade flowers those are GREAT!!! What a fabulous way to make a wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tracey this is such a beautiful wreath!! I absolutely love all the colors! Thanks for the tip on the die ;)
    ♥ Cyndy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! I read and appreciate all your comments since we all need love from time to love! Much love to you! <3