Navigation Bar

Friday, May 13, 2011

To the newlyweds: Wishing you happily ever after

Hi everyone!

With blogger down for a day and a half, hasn't it thrown everyone off a bit? Thank goodness it's back up! I wanted to share with you a tall wedding card that I made using the horse and carriage from the Formal Occasions Cricut cartridge which I'll be entering over at the Paper Playtime challenge blog. I just love all my crafty friends cuz without all of you, I would have never discovered all the great work, ideas, challenges, and hops going on! So here it is:


This is a 4 x 9" card. I added a brown layer and used my Creative Memories Scallop edge punch (which is retired now), and added blue crystals. For the tag I used the Once Upon a Princess cartridge, and ran it through my Cuttlebug. I'm not quite sure what the embossing folder is called, but if anyone knows, do share! I then took a sponge and inked up the edges, and lightly went over the embossing to give it the vintage effect. I love how it turned out! For the horse and carriage, I cut the first layer out of acetate to give my windows a 'window-y' effect, and cut out the darling couple out of the Sweethearts Cart. I used Crystal Accents to  finish off the horse & carriage, added ribbon, and finished it all off with some doodling.

I love how this card turned out and I think that I'll play up this idea for the next wedding card I make -- I'll add a castle to really play up the fairytale wedding!

On the inside of the card, I added a cream layer and again used the same edge punch.. Using the Pink By Design Here Comes the Bride stamp set, I used the 'happily ever after' sentiment, which I adore!!


Now isn't that a pretty wedding card?? If you'd like to play along with the challenge, you can enter here.

Good luck everyone!

Until next times' treasures,
Tracey xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love! I read and appreciate all your comments since we all need love from time to love! Much love to you! <3