Navigation Bar

Friday, May 6, 2011

Blossoming Ideas for Mother's Day Greetings

Hi everyone!

Time sure does fly when you're having fun! I've been running errands, catching up on reading, seeing friends & family whom I don't get a chance to see often over the course of a semester, and of course, crafting. But now, time is catching up to me, and I've only got just a few days left of freedom - some of those days, unfortunately, must be spent towards educational purposes so I've been doing my best to get as much crafting done as I can - before I'm once again, school bound. That doesn't mean that you won't be hearing from me though! I have some cards lined up, and some other projects, but to my dismay, no videos :( I'll do my best to try and get those up and running soon, and my blog is still in a much needed makeover..one day!!

So I had some girls come over to handmake cards for Mother's Day which is this Sunday! I helped the girls foster ideas, and let them do whatever they wanted. Of the three, all the girls designed completely different cards, and they all turned out beautifully! I didn't get a chance to make a card for my mother that day, but I did get around to it the following day! So here we go! I transformed our dining room table into a crafting space!


So here's a cute mini Mother's Day card. It's a 2.75 x 2.75 square card, using the PBD February Stamp of the Month: Designer Boots.


She used red Martha Stewart embossing powder for the boots, Recollections Elegance cardstock, teal cardstock from Stampin' Up, ribbon, and My Pink Stamper's Pinkalicious stamp set for the sentiment. It turned out just darling, didn't it?!

Next up, is a standard A2 sized card. She wanted to give her mother something 'girly' and decided upon images from the Cricut cartridge, Walk In My Garden.


For this card, she used the Martha Stewart Picket Fence border punch, DCWV patterned paper, and Recollections stickers for the bees.

I never got a chance to get a picture of the last card but here's a picture of the three ladies, holding up each of their creations, and a group photo!


It was a fabulous afternoon of crafting, munching, and chatting && I'm so proud of you three ladies! 

Moving on to my card: I used the Walk In My Garden cart, and was inspired by Emma's ladybug card that she made a while back! I welded the ladybug together in my Gypsy, cut out the base in red, cut out the layer in black, and the shell in red. I hid all the spots on the shell, and added four different sizes of hearts to represent all my siblings and I -- after all, we did all come out of our mother's womb! In the hearts, I placed pictures of the four of us. Here it is!


I used the Peachy Keen Stamps Princess Face Assortment for the cute face that I embossed in white, added some doodling, and used a mini heart punch to punch out hearts to add at the end of the antennae, and finished it off with some red stickles. Loving how it turned out!

So I hope that all of you do something special for your mommies! It only comes once a year, but you should be treating everyday as a mother's day, would you not agree? I hope it's fabulous, that your mothers get the special treatment, and know just how much you appreciate them!

Have a fabulous day everyone!

Until next times' treasures,
Tracey xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love! I read and appreciate all your comments since we all need love from time to love! Much love to you! <3