Navigation Bar

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter is on its way!

Hello my crafty friends!

Since Easter is quickly approaching, I had to finish up some treat holders for my younger cousins and my boyfriend's niece and nephew. I found these favour boxes at the Dollar Tree in the States and decided to pick them up and jazz them :) I thought that the material would be glossy but it's just regular cardstock which was a bit of a disappointment, but needless to say, they worked well! Here's the packaging for these favour boxes.


For my first box, I decided to keep it nice and simple. I used Martha Stewart's Garden Trellis border punch and the image is cut from the cart, A Child's First Year at 1.5". The sentiment is from Emma's Color Me Happy Stamp Set which you can purchase here. I had some material butterfly embellishments that I added to the handle and blinged it up just a tad with my irock :)


I filled the treat with Easter Grass in coordinating purple and just filled it with a few treats!


Now onto my next treat boxes. I decided to make them both different in their own ways. I used the Martha Stewart Picket Fence border punch, Stampin' Up's Scallop punch for the blue, cut the grass at 1.5" from Everyday Paper Dolls, and cut the tree from Create a Critter at 3". The "spring has sprung" sentiment is from Michael's dollar section, and the "Happy Spring" sentiment is also from the Color Me Happy stamp set which has adorable spring + Easter sentiments. I then added some embellies and some stitching.


Of course I added some matching green Easter grass to the boxes.


Here's a view of them each separately:



I hope that the little ones will enjoy this and that it will provide you with some inspiration to create your own treat holders! The sky is the limit and there's really SO many ways to decorate these!

Over this three week break that I have I will do my best to film my first video!! Not sure when yet though, but I promise I'll have at least one up soon!!

So until next times' treasures,
Tracey xox

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tracey! I just found you through Momo's site. Nice job on your treat boxes! Super cute for Easter. I am a new follower of yours. Would love if you would stop over to my blog and follow too:) Can't wait to see all your creations!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! I read and appreciate all your comments since we all need love from time to love! Much love to you! <3