Navigation Bar

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sweet Treats for a Sweet Friend

Hello Everyone!

I hope that you all enjoyed your weekend! I know that I sure had an exhausting one, but it was nonetheless fabulous :) We did quite the bit of snow here in Vancouver yesterday, but of course the rain has washed away the majority of it all by now. Hopefully the snow/ice will melt away for you all soon, wherever that may be!

So I just wanted to do a quick post for you all today. My friend celebrated her 21st birthday yesterday night, and in her culture, 21 is a huge milestone. We all had tons of fun dancing the night away at a latino restaurant. This friend of mine LOVES sweets, and she is just the sweetest thing ever. Coincidence? I think not. :) I made this card for her back in December, during my break, and she finally received it, so here it is!

 Recipe:
  •  Wild Card Cart for cake stand and cover
  • Sweet Treats Cartridge for cupcakes
  • Pink By Design Love Always
  • DCWV Shimmer Stack
  • White Gelly Roll Pen
  • Cinnamon Stickles
  • Embellishments
  • Glue Dots
  • Acetate
This is a 5 x 5 card. I cut two pieces of 'glass' out of acetate and used tons of glue dots to adhere the cupcakes to the acetate, and the acetate to my base. I didn't want to hold my two pieces of 'glass' together with glue dots so I decided to use glue...bad idea!! It would be much better to pull out the sewing machine and stitch the two together! Inside the card, I used the Pink By Design Love Always stamp set to stamp "to a sweet friend."

We all know sweet people in our lives. Don't forget to acknowledge them for it! I hope this inspires you to do something sweet for a sweet someone! ;)


Until next time's treasures,
Tracey xox

5 comments:

  1. This is such a 'yummy' card =) Great job!
    Glad I found your blog, I am now your newest Follower.

    Hugs!
    Janet
    http://paperhoot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative to use acetate to make the glass!

    PS: I love cupcakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea using the acetate. I can't wait to see what you do next.

    I gave you an award. Stop by to pick it up.

    http://bugbites411.blogspot.com/2011/03/stylish-blog-award-for-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I luv my card...so cute, but it makes me crave cup cakes <3 hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a hidden cut, i did not know the wild cart had the cake stand!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! I read and appreciate all your comments since we all need love from time to love! Much love to you! <3