Thank you all for the sweet comments - I've hit 100 followers! Yay! With school and work it's definitely hard to manage my blog and to participate in challenges, but because of all of you and my passion for crafting, I'm still here! :) So moving on, happy Tuesday and welcome to Challenge 24 over at Celebrate the Occasion. For today's challenge, it is to create a birthday card for a child. Here's what I came up with:
Isn't this card so super sweet? The little boy is blind-folded for the uncover of his birthday gift - a brand new bike! I used some fabric to tape over his eyes for his 'blind-fold.' I also cut up some packaging ribbon and attached it to the bike for a 'bow,' to make it more birthday-like. This card will fit in a 3.5 x 6" envelope.
Here's what the cutie looks like underneath the blind-fold:
Surprise! I used Peachy Keens PK-642 Boy Mates Face Assortment for his adorable peachy face!
Here's a peak to the sentiment on the inside of the card. I used the Pink By Design Big Thoughts set for the 'Happy Bithday':
- Card base - I used a tag from the Once Upon a Princess cart and welded it in my gypsy, then I copied the image and reduced the size a tad to get the layer
- Patterned paper for layer from DCWV - All About Boys Stack
- Tim Holtz Distressing Ink: Vintage Photo and Broken China
- Ribbon cut from Formal Occasions Cartridge
- PBD Small Banners set to spell out 'surprise'
- Bike cut from Boys Will Be Boys Cart
- Boy cut from Baby Steps Cartridge
- Face from PK-642 Boy Mates Face Assortment
- Pink By Design Big Thoughts Stamp Set
- Glossy Accents for Bike
- Gift Wrap Ribbon
- Black Sukura Pen
Until next time's treasures,