It's been a while since I've posted anything, but let me assure you, I will be power scrapping, so you'll seen tons of projects from me soon! I've been so busy lately with group projects and assignments, so most of my time is spent in group meetings or working on the group project. :( I'm just taking a quick breather to get in a little time for scrapping...I've got a complete scrapbook to complete over the next week or so! Here's the first completed page:
My boyfriend and I saw the Lion King when it came to Vancouver last year for our two year anniversary. Each year so far I've created him a scrapbook of the previous year with our most memorable moments and/or events we attended. :) This is an 8 x 8 layout and I just love the way it turned out! This is the first layout I've ever posted on my blog! Watch out for more!
So for Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenge, the challenge is to:
--> use either the Wild Card or Just Because cartridges, and
--> incorporate embossing
For the sun, I embossed the sentiments from My Creative Time's stamp set "This & That," which I simply adore! You can purchase it here. I used both clear and sparkly embossing powder to create the background paper for my 'sun.' Heat embossing is definitely my favourite technique - I love the results! I finished of the sun by distressing the edges with Tim Holtz's Vintage Photo distressing ink.
Here's a close up photo of the sun:
- Wild Card Cartridge to cut out the circle for the sun (I then measured and trimmed it to the way I wanted it) - of course you could use any cart with a circle on it!
- Patterned paper from Dovercraft by British Designer Kate Knight
- Martha Stewart Embossing Powders: Crystal and Sugar Cube
- Sentiments from My Creative Time's stamp set This & That
- Disney stickers I found at Tuesday Morning
- VersaMark Ink Pad
- Gold gel-pen
- Yellow bling
- Heat gun
Until next time's treasures,